

Haha, whoops, I guess I got side tracked and ended up not writing anything about our day at the Zoo. Gavin napped on the ride home so of course didn't nap the rest of the day. On days he doesn't nap, Mommy doesn't get time to write a Blog or check up on her e-mails.
Yesterday I decided to go out and do something we hadn't done in awhile. We have year passes to the Zoo so I thought I'd give it a go and see how much trouble we get into. Gavin was amazing! He didn't throw any tantrums or try and get lost in the crowds of people... he very happily pushed his stroller by each animal and stopped and posed for pictures when I asked him to. I really had the best time I can remember going out in public with him. I hate to say that but the past 6 months or so I haven't wanted to go anywhere with him. He runs away from me and ignores me, and in the end I feel like I drag him home kicking and screaming.
This was the first time we didn't go to the petting zoo or kid area, but it actually worked out better that way. We started with the Flamingos and then walked through the monkeys and Gorillas. We walked further and saw the Panda's, Elephants, Giraffes, Camels, and Koala bears. I don't think I ever walked as much as I did yesterday without some sort of issues arising. I brought ice cold water and snacks, so we stopped on the way and tried to stay cool (it was HOT!). I also ended up getting a soft serve ice cream and it was so sweet to watch Gavin hold it and try his best to lick it. People looked at me like I was crazy for letting ice cream melt all over his hands and arms, but what more fun can a child have then making a complete sweet mess of himself ? After such a good afternoon we got home... but didn't nap. Oh well.
I plan on going to the Zoo more often now. I realized that maybe he had a better time because I wasn't stressing to meet someone or trying to see certain animals. Gavin was glad to be in control of where he wanted to go and not have any time constraints or agendas. My little man is growing up... or maybe it was just a fluke, lol. We all have our good days and our bad days.

2 comments:
really???? Just a post about Zoo? LOL...or am I missing something? :)
Oh, and where is the picture of your new haircut? Hope you are doing well!!!!
Much love,
Sonya
Gavin looks so cute in the pictures at the zoo. :) Sonya, I was thinking the same thing! Where's the picture of the haircut! Hopefully we can join you guys at the zoo some day soon!
Post a Comment