Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Pee-pee time

Well I haven't been really trying to potty train besides having an Elmo video about it and a few books. Gavin has pooped in a potty before but only after I knew he was about to go, so I scooped him up and put him on the seat. I keep thinking when he's ready he will go since he can see that his Daddy and I both use it regularly. I also explain to him often that when he's a big boy he won't need any diapers and he can use the potty to pee and poop in. Well this morning, like every morning, I take off his full diaper and run to grab another one. Right away he starts to pee so I grab a towel and throw it in his stream line. He doesn't like that I covered his pee puddle so he stops himself from peeing anymore. I quickly think fast and ask him if he wants to pee in his potty instead of on the floor. He runs after me and stands in front of his small potty chair and starts to pee inside of it!! You should have seen how happy I was! I was bouncing off the walls. Of course I realize it's just one small step and may not even click with him, BUT every step is a good one. I gave him a gummy bear and told him that every time he pees or poops in the potty I will give him a gummy bear. He has still peed on the floor since this morning, but each time I see him start to pee I run and grab the potty or move him to the potty. So we end up with pee on the floor and some pee in the potty. I never realized how much work this is!

I mean we've only been awake for 2 hours and he's peed at least 4x! I swear the milk just comes straight out of him, lol. Anyway I just wanted to share my special moment. I really hope that he can be potty trained before the new baby comes in December... but if not it wouldn't be a huge deal. I know sooner or later he'll get it.

No comments: