Thursday, July 31, 2008

Tough Day

Man today was tough. I don't know if I just started out in a bad frame of mind or if we both just didn't get enough sleep, but things just stressed me out a lot today. Speak of the devil, lol, he just woke up crying again...brb

Gavin woke up at 6am and right away wanted to go outside and play. For the first time in as long as I can remember he didn't want to watch any cartoons or TV, and refused to eat breakfast. All he wanted to do was ride his bike and play with his outside toys. I am pretty patient with him, and I think I compromise very well... but I draw the line if it's dark outside and it's earlier than 7am. I won't go into too much detail, but he pretty much was non-stop on crack all day. I had to drive my FIL to pick up his car at the mechanics around noon so Gavin slept for about 15 minutes and woke up as soon as we got home. That was his nap of the day. I tried everything to get him to lay down, but he was VERY ACTIVE. Finally at 2pm I gave up and we went to Target and played with our neighbor's. By 4pm he was obviously tired and yawning constantly, but still he would not slow down. He wanted to paint, color, play with trains, jump all over Daddy's computer (!!), and dance around the house. By this point I was so tired and stressing about a bunch of bills we have due in a few weeks, so my mood wasn't the best. Luckily Daddy was awake and gave me about a half an hour to shower and de-stress. Thank God for hot showers.

At one point today he pooped outside on the cement and then came to show me. He stuffed a nice bath towel inside our toilet TWICE! I have no idea where he got the idea to do this, but I had hoped the first time was a mistake. Then about an hour ago I went to use the bathroom and there was another towel stuffed completely in the toilet, totally soaked. I'm not sure when he did it or what to do about it. He can open the bathroom door so I can't really keep him out, and since I didn't catch him in the act I didn't get a chance to scold him or tell him not do it again.

I am just really tired and ready for bed. I shouldn't be up right now, but since I had no time to get on the computer today, I am using this time as my me time. So I got him to sleep at 7pm, which is nice and early, but since then he was woken up crying about 3x. I think he just got over tired and is having trouble sleeping. Jon is leaving for the weekend so it will be just me and Gavin the next three days. I hate to complain because there are many military wives that do it everyday by themselves (I don't know how you all do it). I guess I am just dreading not having a person to fall back on have to vent to. I hate to say it, but I really hope Gavin wants to watch a little TV tomorrow, because I can't entertain him for 14-16 hours without a break here and there. There is only so much running around I can take.

No comments: