Friday, August 1, 2008

Deep Breath



Well today has been going much better than yesterday. I know it's all based on my reactions and my mood so I just told myself today would be better, so it was. I am taking things slower and trying not to dwell on the small things. I think lately I have been pushing myself too much and therefore getting tired and stressing out a lot easier. Today it's about having fun and not worrying about anything.


Gavin took a nap at 10:45 until around noon. This is very early for him, but It was a nice change from yesterday's no nap. He woke up all smiles and we had a good lunch and cuddled until 12:30ish. After lunch I packed up a small basket of beach items and we walked across the street to the Bay. We splashed around in the water and collected shells, all the while enjoying each other's company. Reflecting on days where I get stressed or feel like everything is going wrong, I think it is because I am not enjoying the present. When I start to worry about tomorrow or wonder how I am going to get through the next 8 hours, etc, I stop having fun. I am having trouble trying to get my point across, but hopefully you all know what I mean. I guess it's like any job. When you don't have your head into your work you won't do as well. Of course also like all work, some days you don't feel like getting up and doing your job, so it's to be expected that I won't always have a positive attitude. All I know is that it helps to keep a smile on my face and not worry about all of life's issues, because worrying doesn't solve anything. (The house being clean, bills, laundry, errands, etc.)


Gavin is now playing in a small pool and periodically running through the house naked with his toy car. Oh to be a kid again and have no cares in the world. It must be so exciting to discover new things every day.


No comments: