Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hello



I don't know where the time flys! Often I tell myself to sit down and post something, but each time I get interrupted or forget why I went on the computer in the first place. Tomorrow I go to the OBGYN for my 20wk ultrasound, so that's exciting. Gavin has been busy but we haven't gone on too many outings since I have been tired and avoiding this crazy humidity. I feel like I am constantly sweating!

We spent the weekend together while Daddy and In-laws went to a CODE Race in Jacume, MX. They all had a great time and came in 3rd place (off-road racing). I am glad Gavin and I stayed home, it would have been hotter than hell, and I don't think it would have been much fun for Gavin. Instead I got some errands done and we went swimming at the Plunge, played at the bay, and went to the park. I was going to take him to a tap class on Monday but after much thought decided to wait until he's a bit older. It isn't worth the cost of the clothes and shoes and class fee when I don't feel that he would even sit still long enough to enjoy the class. I mean he's only just over 2 (25 months?) and when he's 3 he will have a much larger window of options. A lot of Rec centers have very low cost fees for 3 and older pee wee sports or even free classes. He won't be THAT far behind if I don't have him enrolled in various sports and activities for another 8 months (I'm being sarcastic, lol). So for now we will enjoy playing with friends and going on the occasional outings with a less structured regime.

He woke up at 5am this morning so now has been napping about an hour and a half, and it's only noon! I think today is going to be a very long day. I see his arm moving so I sense my time is limited. We will be going to the Church event at 3pm for Moms that are expecting or who have more than one child, so hopefully I can get some much needed Mom support, and Gavin can meet some new friends. Chow!


*Oh Gavin was playing with my camera and took some photos of himself. Most were of his leg and stomach, but I thought those were cute.

No comments: