Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday

It's been a long time since I've written anything so I'm way behind. Gavin may wake up any minute so I will try to keep this short. Haven't heard anything back from Medi-Cal, usually takes weeks to get any sort of response from the County. No responses from any jobs that Jon has applied for- sign that things are really bad. One more month of health care and pay checks and then we're all on our own.

In the past few weeks I have known 3 people that have gotten laid off (one of which was my husband). The reality really set in at how bad our economy is getting and how many people are looking for work. He may be forced to work at Target or some other retail type job until he can find a good job with benefits. Money is money where ever it comes from... but retail jobs really stink! (I know since I have worked them before).

I have actually asked my husband to look into relocating through his Company. I don't know if it will pan out, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to see if their are open positions paying well in other States. It would really scare me to have to move away from both our families, but if the offer was good enough, we would seriously consider it. San Diego is just so expensive when it comes to housing, food, gas..., just about everything, lol. I'm trying not to panic, but it really scares me to not have a future plan. What if Gavin gets sick and we don't have health insurance? What if another couple of months role by and we don't have money for rent or food? I know we won't really suffer since we do have the support of our families, but it's just not fun to think about.

I REALLY really really hope we get an interview or call backs this next week. There has to be some light at the end of the tunnel. :) Besides that we've been a happy little family. Gavin has now learned to say "RRR" like a pirate. We ask him what a pirate says and in a very low guttural voice he says "RRR". Funny how he gets a kick out of saying sounds like "Moo, and Boo!", but still doesn't say words (besides Momma and Dadda). I know he's heard the word "Hi" and "Bye" a million times, but he just doesn't try to say them. Sometimes I think he just doesn't want to talk. Hopefully with his little brother on the way, he will be forced into talking out of competition for our attention. The speech therapist seems to think that will be the case.

Better end this now before Gavin runs in and attacks me.

Happy Labor Day everyone! Friday is my Birthday (and my Dad's Birthday) so I'm counting down the days for CAKE! I can't believe tomorrow is September! Where did this month go?

No comments: