Sunday, July 13, 2008

"OOO"

Yesterday (Saturday) I went and got my hair done. It's funny how when I don't feel pretty I always feel better doing something different with my hair or getting my nails done. My highlights were growing out and it had been a few months since my last cut so I decided to go short again. It's a little different than what I had in mind, but I'm getting used to it, and my husband likes it. It's so much easier having it short. I don't even have to brush it! The touch up highlights look a lot more natural than they did before (something about a toner and brown hues?), so I guess more natural is better. :D

Gavin spent the afternoon at Great-Grandma's tormenting her cats and chasing the tiny dog around. I guess he discovered how to escape out of her backyard so on two occassions they found him next door at the neighbors house. The next door neighbor is a cute 3 year-old named Sammy. I am really happy that he has a friend to play with when he goes to my Grandmother's house... but at 2 years-old he is a little young to be running off and ringing their doorbell by himself. We'll have to figure out how to keep the gate locked.

Gavin progressed a little more with his speech therapist. He now says "Boo, Moo, and Hoots like an owl." I don't know why it's all words with ooo sound, but at least it's progress. I think he'll start talking when he's ready, so I'm not too worried about it anymore. I have heard of a few boys in our family that didn't talk until 3 or even 4 years of age, and they ended up very smart (Dentists and such).

Well that's about it for now. I'm getting phone calls from upstairs so my train of thought keeps getting interrupted.

Today the only exciting plan is the monthly trip to Costco. YAY!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm so happy to read that speech therapy is going well. I'm sure given time, he will figure it out and shine. :) I can't believe how your little Houdini gets out of the yard and goes over to his friends house... How scary and cute all in one! :)