So tomorrow, Gavin, my FIL, MIL, Jon, and myself leave for a road trip in our motorhome to Provo, Utah. The majority of Jon's family lives in Utah so it's going to be a huge Mormon family reunion (they are all Mormon). I think it will be fun to meet his cousins and for Gavin to meet his second and third cousins. Thursday is a day at the water park, and Friday is a huge Fourth of July celebration with catered food and fun activities for the kids. My husband is not too excited since he usually sits back at the beach and watches the traffic go by our house, while drinking a couple of 6 packs. I agree it sucks to be driving 14 hours each way, leaving our place which is really the best place to be on the 4th of July... BUT it's for family. We have never visited Utah before and can afford to give up one holiday to have a reunion. I'm sure there won't be alcohol but fireworks are legal so we will have fun lighting off our own display. I think the weekend plan is to drive up to a campsite with the extended family and do day hikes and other outdoor activities. I think we will have a good time.
My only dread is having to sleep in a small RV for 4-5 days. We are all very large people and the space is VERY TIGHT. I would much rather fly up and stay in a nice hotel room, but I can't always get what I want. By the end of the road trip we may all want to strangle each other. :) It will be a trip to remember. I'll update Sunday when we get back.
Everyone have a Happy 4th of July!!
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment