


I don't know how much longer I have a quiet house so I may have to make this short and sweet. Gavin has amazingly been sleeping since 3pm, and so has my husband! Please ignore his pasty white skin, lol, since he works nights he hasn't had much time to tan.
So while they are both peacefully sleeping I cooked dinner, did the dishes, ate, and just baked a cake. I thought for sure that I would hear a cry or see a head peak around the corner at any minute. I know when Gavin wakes up it will be tough getting him to bed at his normal time, but it is soooo worth having some free time to cook . I love baking but it seems like I never get the time to do it anymore. Gavin seems to cling at my leg whenever I start any cooking projects.
This brings up a whole other topic. I want to start being more crafty and do some fun activities with Gav. I attempted to tie dye one of his white shirts this afternoon, but it wasn't as easy as I thought. I didn't have rubber bands so the string fell off and it looks more like a blue shirt with some light blue smuges on it. Oh well, it was my first try. So any craft ideas would be greatly appreciated! I found some easy sand ones and a few things we could make out of toilet paper rolls, but nothing that seems like a whole lot of fun. I think I'll take him to the New Children's Museum tomorrow morning so he can get crafty and messy there. I heard they have tons of paint and chalk activities for toddlers to do, and the fact that I wouldn't have to clean any of it up is a huge plus.
Better run now so I can ice my cake before someone stirs.

No comments:
Post a Comment