Well I haven't had a chance to upload the pictures from today's excursion, but I'll update the post later. Jon got a night off from work so he thought it would be fun for us all to spend the morning at the Wild Animal Park. I was as giddy as a school girl since it's not often that he wants to do a family trip or even comes up with the suggestion himself. We ended up getting there just after 9:30 and staying until 11:30. We both hadn't been in at least 5 years so we were amazed at all the new areas and rides that have been added. It was AMAZING! They have WAY more activities for kids to do than the Zoo. They have a Sponge bob show, a Bubble show, bird shows, a kids activity area, a small water area for kids to get wet, a jungle gym area, a carousal, safari rides, a hot air balloon ride.... phew, the list could go on even more, but I'll stop now.
After the Journey to Africa ride we were ready to go home. Gavin had ran around and played at a few of the play areas so by the time we went on the ride he was ready for a nap. We got an ice cream for the road and headed home. After seeing all the neat expansions and renovations that have been done to WIP (Wild Animal Park) I definitely plan on going back. The only draw back is you have to pay $5 for parking and of course it's all the way to Escondido so it's not the quickest trip. I think we'll try and go every month or two from now on. The night shows look amazing too!
Besides that we've stayed indoors the rest of the day. I seem to only handle one big excursion per day now. I wish I had more energy but after a few hours of chasing him around at a park or outing I need some time to recuperate. He plays with his train set and watches some cartoons and then we may take a short walk around the neighborhood before bed. Not the most exciting life but enough to keep us all happy and entertained.
Friday, July 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We LOVE the Wild Animal Park. Get the membership next year, love that parking is included and we go so often it's more than paid for itself.
Everytime I go though the darn hot air balloon is closed, ugh. One day I'll get to go on it. I haven't seen this bubble show you speak of, mmm, something for me to investigate. We love that little water area too, the kids have a ball in there.
Post a Comment