


Wow, we just got back and I am totally exhausted! Gavin had a ball! I was a little bummed because all the fun things I would have liked to do, Gavin was not interested in doing. They had a huge car with paint brushes and tables with clay to mold, also an outside bubble area. I mean everything you could think of it had. He didn't want to paint, didn't want to play with the clay, and didn't want to blow bubbles. Normally he does enjoy doing those things, but I think it was a bit overwhelming to have so many options all at once. What he did want to do was climb up and down the stairs and play with the see through elevator. He LOVED the mattress room they have set up on the 3rd floor. It is an entire room with mattress on the walls and floors and even a queen sized mattress that is propped up like a slide so the kids could climb up and slide down it. He jumped all over the beds and dove into soft tires that were covering the ground. I think he could have just played there the entire time.
They have a rock climbing area for older kids. On the lower level there is a room with dolphins and fish projected onto the floor so the kids can run around and chase the moving fish. There is also a dress up area with clothes... an area with wooden sticks that you can stack, and play wooden cars that you can slide down a huge hill.
It isn't easy to park but I got there earlier enough and found a metered parking spot about a block away. I think it cost around 2 bucks in quarters for 2 hours (not bad). If you use the paid parking it is 10 bucks~~crazy!! It is also 10 bucks per person and kids over 1, so it would have cost 20 bucks just for today, so instead I got the 1 year membership. It's 75 bucks but pays for your entire family (not sure if there is a limit on kids), but that means the three of us can go as often as we want. I put down a guest pass as the alternate pass since I didn't want it to only be for my husband. This way I can bring any guest with me (Grandma, MIL, etc) when we go. When I think about all the paint and clay and supplies they provide you with it really is a good deal.
Now if I could just get Gavin to want to paint, lol. They provide smocks to wear but the paint can still dry and stain so it's best to wear frumpy clothes. I'm sure I forgot to mention other things that the museum has going on, but hopefully I got the main points across. We will definitely be going more often. It does get busy but it wasn't too bad going early and leaving by 11.

2 comments:
Yet another place that I'm just dying to take the kids too. Maybe next week. It looks like so much fun.
Oh that looks like so much fun!! I am going to have to steal my mom's car and take Tres there one day...he would LOVE that!
Hope you are feeling better!
Sonya
Post a Comment