Well today things are going much better. Gavin ate his first real meal last night!! It has been so long since he ate more than one bite of food that I was in heaven watching him stuff his face with veggies and mashed potatoes. He is finally over whatever bug he had so now it's catch up time on all the calories he lost. Today I spent the morning washing the bathroom floor, sink, and toilet, then washed the kitchen floor, and cleaned out the nasty motor home. It took 4 loads of trash bags to get all the dirty clothes and supplies out of it. Then came the emptying of the fridge (Yukky!). Now I have about 5 loads of laundry to do but besides that I am very pleased with most of the cleaning that was done. Gavin is napping so I know I should be laying down and getting a few Zzz myself but I always find things to do rather than resting.
I am debating about getting the 4D ultrasound. I did it with Gavin when he was 16 weeks and found out he was a boy! It was so exciting and the pictures are amazing compared to regular ultrasound pics... but it's 100 bucks. My other option is wait until August and find out at my OB appointment with a regular crummy ultrasound machine. They say they can tell the sex as early as 15 weeks, which is basically what I am now and a few days. My excitement and lack of reasoning says to go now NOW NOW! But then I think about how I should be logical and just wait another month to find out when the cost is covered by my insurance. What to do what to do? Damn, I just hate waiting. They also promise if they can't tell they will do another free visit the next time, so I know I won't be out the money even if it is a little too early to say for sure.
I hate to admit it but I really want a girl. I love Gavin and I would love another boy just as much as a girl.. but I want to buy dresses and do braids and see what it's like to take care of a little girl. I know it would be cheaper to re-use the boy clothes I already have, and it would be easier for the two of them to share a room, but I still kind of wish that it's a girl. Honestly I feel deep in my gut that it's a boy. Jon is one of 6 boys, his brothers had 2 sons, and of course I had a son, so it seems I have the cards against me. I don't know what it is about having boys in his family but it seems that I have a much higher chance of it being male than female. I will update as soon as I know for sure. I believe the Chinese calendar said it was a boy too. (Just my luck) :D
Well that's all for today. Nothing exciting, just recovering and relaxing. Hopefully we can get the strength to go to the park and do something fun later this week. I hate hiding out indoors for too long.
Monday, July 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi, I found your blog through Tonya staab's blog. The 4D ultrasound sounds like a lot of fun. Don't worry about the chineese conception calander. It's been wrong on me several times. Hope you get your girl!
I had 6 boys before finally getting a girl. Totally worth the wait. I am pregnant now also and with 6 boys and 2 girls, it doesn't matter to me but if I didn't have a baby girl, I'd definately want one.
angela fontenot
www.fontenotkids.blogspot.com
I'm so happy to read that Gavin is feeling better. Ari and I still have our lingering cough, but otherwise are doing well. :)
Post a Comment