


Oh I love these California days. What other place can you play at the beach in April and be hot? This afternoon I decided instead of taking Gavin to the park or on an outing that I would be creative at home. I blew up his summer pool that I got him for last summer and filled it with bubble bath and buckets of warm water. I got a bunch of bath toys and containers and he had a ball. It was so nice to sit in my backyard and not have to worry about him running away or having to deal with traffic and other people. He discovered that he liked sitting in the water filled bucket more than the actual pool, lol. At one point Gavin ran back into the house and grabbed some crayons that he had hidden (I have his crayons in a sealed container) and threw them in his pool. After the water started to change color he picked up the soggy crayons and started drawing on the pool, luckily they are washable crayons so they didn't do any damage.
We topped off the afternoon with peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches. He has only tried them once before so he wasn't sure about the jelly part at first. I gave him a small bite and he immediately spit it out on the kitchen floor. I tried again a few minutes later and this time he swallowed the bite. In the end all he wanted was the peanut butter jar. He grabbed the plastic jar off the counter and ran outside with it. After dunking it in his pool a few times he came back into the house and asked me to open it for him. I thought it was very cute that he liked playing with the peanut butter so I opened the jar and stuck my finger in to taste it. Right after I did this I realized my mistake... he pushed his whole hand in the jar and started scooping it out into his mouth. Instead of rushing to clean it up I ran and got the camera (my second mistake). He ended up smearing it all over himself but luckily only a small smear ended up on the carpet.
We had so much fun today and didn't even leave the house! It's funny how often I try to keep our schedules busy and feel like he needs to get out of the house to be stimulated. In all honesty I had the most fun we've had in weeks just playing games at home. The only draw back is the mess I am left with to clean up. I had to clean up water,pee (while he was still naked he ran around and peed on his stuffed animals), and peanut butter, among various other things. Now my little naked man is sleeping. Thank Goodness for naps, what will I do without them?

2 comments:
It looks like you guys had such a blast! :) I love when I find ways to get all creative at home. Some days all the creativity is gone, but on those days I hit gold, it definitely is awesome!
Michelle
How fun, what a great day. You've inspired me, I'm trying pb&j sandwiches today for lunch :)
Post a Comment