Sunday, April 6, 2008

Race Car Driver



Well today Gavin was not a happy camper. I think he's teething because he seems to be biting and chewing a lot more than usual. Besides the biting on his thumb he has been overall very difficult to deal with. Anything I asked him to do was grounds for a tantrum. He wouldn't get out of the stroller at the park so I should have known that was a very bad sign. What toddler doesn't want to play at the park? He threw another fit when I tried to take his dirty pants off, when I tried to change his diaper, when I turned Blue's Clue's off... you name it he cried. What kills me is that the crying wasn't just fake crying, it was full on tears streaming down his beautiful little face. I HATE TEARS! It makes me feel terrible when I see droplets rolling down his cheeks.
Besides his also refusing to nap and his waking up after putting him to bed 3x, I did have a pretty good day. This is only because my husband and In-Laws were helping out a lot. The highlight of today was that Gavin can finally reach the gas pedal in his Nascar race car. It was bought by his Grandpa back in November and until today was just a fun toy that Gavin sat in and pretended to drive. We decided to hook up the battery and low and behold Gavin pushed down on the pedal. The car actually packs a powerful punch. It lurched forward and I had to grab it from running into the kitchen table. It also has gears and goes into reverse, so Gavin clicked it in reverse and quickly went flying the other way (almost over Grandma's foot). After realizing how dangerous it was to let him drive in the house we got Daddy to carry it outside into the Alley.
As soon as it was all set up to go and the entire family was standing around cheering him on.. Gavin decided he didn't want to drive it anymore. I snapped a couple of photos just before he climbed out. It goes to show you that our son is not a monkey and will not preform tricks on demand. I guess he just wants to drive in the privacy of his own home. Maybe I should be glad I'm not chasing him down the street while he drives at 3-5 mph. Probably.

2 comments:

Tonya Staab said...

Love the car, how cool!

Michelle said...

That car is so neat! I didn't know he had a car! I'm sure he is going to grow to love it. :)

Michelle