Monday, April 28, 2008

My weekend




Jon and I left around 1 on Friday and arrived at the Marriott Hotel in Ontario Ca at 3pm. It was HOT! We jumped on our soft cushiony bed and relished in our freedom for a couple of hours. After having our alone time we decided to go out to dinner. We ended up eating at Bills Baja Grill which on the outside looked like an old wooden barn but on the inside was similar to an Islands, with everyone wearing Hawaiian prints and hanging surfboards on the walls. Honestly Ontario is pretty much a ghost town but with lots of new housing developments and nothing else to look at. We assume that most of the people commute to work which is why it was pretty much dead on that Friday evening.

The next morning we went and swam in the heated pool and I dipped my feet in the jacuzzi. We ended up not cheking out until the very last minute (noon) and really enjoyed the alone time we had together. It was only one night but yet it felt like days and I got so much out of it! I hadn't had that much time to talk alone with my husband since Gavin was born so it felt like we got to re-connect and open up to each other. Don't get me wrong I really missed Gavin and I worried about him everytime I called to talk to my In-laws. I just never appreciated trips as much as I did this weekend. I didn't have to clean the hotel room or wash the dishes or cook our meals, and I didn't have to worry about anything except what movie we wanted to watch on HBO. *sigh It was great~!

Of course the motorcycle race was fun too but it was over 100 degrees and felt like a hot blow dryer was on us the entire time. We didn't bring cash and discovered that none of the food vendors took debit so we ended up leaving early because we ran out of water and in that kind of heat we had to get some cold drinks. We took lots of pictures and watched some of the races and then left early. I think we both realized it was way to hot to be ouside for more than a few hours. We drove home and stopped to eat at an In and Out in Temecula, yummy! As soon as I got home it was mommy mode again. Gavin was still sick and seemed worse off than before I had left. He screamed and cried and wouldn't eat...

The next morning (Sunday) I took him to PB Urgent Care to get some medicine. He had had goo in his eyes and his nose was still running and he kept pulling on his left ear. After a two hour wait (YES on a Sunday!) I was told he had a sinus and ear infection. They said they would call our local Longs and put a prescription through. Well hours later, when my husband went to pick, it up Longs said it had never been called in so we had to deal with that issue and go back another hour later to pick it up (also they wouldn't accept our insurance card so that took another 20 minutes to sort out). On top of that Gavin was feeling terrible so after about an hour with him crying I switched off with my MIL and she took him for an hour. We gave him some motrin which really seemed to help and just switched off caring for him since he was more than one person could handle in his state.

By the end of Sunday I was really missing my hotel room, lol. We gave him the antibiotics around noon and today (Monday) he seems a lot better. He did wake up with a rash on his back and butt but by the time I had reached a nurse on the after hours hotline it had seemed to clear up. I was told to continue with the medicine and check up with his Doctor today or tomorrow. I really hope his ear infection goes away quickly and that his appetite comes back. I hate when I see him lose weight since he is already so skinny.

I actually miss going to the park. Since he was sick last week we had already gone to see his Doctor last Monday and we spent most of the week indoors so I really can't stand the idea of having to stay inside another few days watching more Blues Clues and Curious George. I think no matter what I'm going to take him outside and let him play in the sand. I don't want him around other kids since his immune system is already down but to go outside and play by ourselves should be fine.

Wish me luck! ~

No comments: