Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Curious George


Gavin is my little curious george. About a week ago he decided to find out what happened when he put a large rock into our toilet. Since then I have had to plunge the toilet about every three fulshes and cleaned up some nasty overflowing water. (If anyone knows a cheap plumber please let me know!) I have learned my lesson and no longer allow him in the bathroom when I am showering.


Now to change the subject, Gavin seems to have cold symptoms. He started having a runny nose yesterday and feeling a bit warmer than usual. He isn't coughing and doesn't seem bothered at all so I'm not sure if it's a cold or if it's just teething. The only thing it seems to be affecting is his sleep. Since he started having a runny nose he hasn't napped more than an hour and is waking up crying during the night. He is a thumb sucker so of course when his nose is stuffed up he can't suck his thumb. I think this is why he keeps waking up and having trouble going back to sleep. The short nap during the day is driving me a little crazy. It's hard to get much done when as soon as I finish one thing I see his little head pop out from behind the hallway door. Those of you who don't know I would like another child. These two nights of being woken up have made me re-think having another one. Of course I still want another child but it made me realize it won't get any better than it is now. I should cherish the days that I only have to chase one naked baby, because after I have another one I will probably not have time for this blog. :)

This morning we had a nice time at the park with our neighbor and her daughter. I'm not so sure about saying names on my blog because I just don't know who will read this. So, we had a fun morning and came back home and watched Sesame Street. Gavin took about an hour nap from 12-1pm and now it's after 3pm and I am realizing I still have at least 4 more hours to go. Is that sad? I mean I hate counting down the hours until bed time, but some days that's how it is. I love Gavin and I love spending my days with him, but I think everyone needs a break. If I was with my husband 24 hours a day I would probably go crazy. What makes it all harder is that he is sick/or teething so he wants to sit in my lap and grab chunks of my hair in his hands (which he pulls on), while he watches his favorite movie, Curious George. I really don't like watching so much TV but when he's sick it's pretty much all he wants to do. That brings up why I called this post Curious George. He not only is curious and always getting into things, but he LOVES the Curious George movie! I have never seen him sit for an entire hour or more so this is a very new thing.


Will have to continue this later, curious george calls!

3 comments:

Sonya said...

Hi Jenny, I found your link on Michelle's site, I don't know why I didn't have you saved before! :) Sounds like your day has been hectic and I hope tomorrow brings you a better one! Hopefully it is just the weather change or teething that Gavin is going through, not a cold! Get rest yourself...just in case! :)

Take Care!
Sonya

P.S....I have the name of a great plumber! :) I'll seriously find the number in the morning if you want it!

Jenny Westwood said...

That would be great Sonya. You can e-mail it to me j.westwood@sbcglobal.net. Thank you I really appreciate it. This morning we have a Speech Evaluation for Gavin, of course when he is sick and clinging to me...wish us luck!

Tonya Staab said...

Now could Gavin come over and teach my kids to love Curious George, b/c we love it and they are just not interested much to our disappointment :)

Everyone needs a break my dear and just because we do doesn't mean we love our children any less :)