Thursday, August 7, 2008

20wk Ultrasound



Well this morning I dragged my husband along to my 20wk ultrasound. He HATES waiting at Doctor's offices or having to go to something he knows nothing about. That is why I don't drag him along to every appointment, but rather pick the most important ones for him to go to. They took a ton of measurements and showed me every little organ and body part. It is so amazing to see his kidneys and stomach and ventricles of his heart. I mean it really looks like a baby, yet it's still not even a pound yet. I decided to post the two cutest pictures I got taken. One is hard to see from the picture, but it's the bottom of his two feet (like footprints). The other is a side profile, but it just amazes me that I can see his nose and mouth already.


Everything looked great and I got some blood drawn to do an APF test, just to make sure everything is fine. They said he measured large so even though it's my 20wk check up his measurements are around 21 wks (not too far off). Of course the dreaded weigh in wasn't too great. I gained 9 pounds in 5 weeks, but they would rather see 1 pound a week so I over did it. Oh well, honestly what's a few pounds? I mean it's been hot and humid so I haven't been walking around as much as I should be, but in the end I'm going to be a huge whale whether it's 30 pounds or 40 pounds that I gain. I know I should care, but I really don't, lol. I guess that's why it shows.


Enjoy the pics and wish me luck on my next weigh in! AHH!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love the pictures! Isn't it amazing what we can see so early on. Hard to imagine a whole person being so little. :)