Thursday, May 1, 2008

On the Mend

Just a quick update to let you all know Gavin is much better. Today he was almost back to his happy self. He still seems a bit crankier than usual but his energy is back. We went on a wagon walk (he pulled his wagon down the boardwalk) and ended up stopping at a friend's house to play. He got a small plastic red wagon for his Birthday and insists upon pulling it everywhere he goes. He fills it with the randomist items you can think of (is randomist a word?), for example; coins, trash that he picks up on his walks,cars,curious george stuffed animal,his birthday cards,an empty milk carton,crayons,his water cup,etc. I don't know how this new infatuation started with trash cans but it is so funny! He will point out every trash can that we walk by and demand that I acknowledge it's existance. He now waves good bye to the trash cans as we leave them and he will search around for any thing that he can throw in the trash. Usually this is nice and helpful since he throws wrappers away while I'm cooking, but on occasion I catch him throwing away uneaten food and pens and pencils. The other day on our walk with his wagon he thought it would be fun to kiss the dirty trash cans that we walked past. I tried my best to get him to stop and so far he hasn't tried it again, but that is where I draw the line. The nasty black trash cans that sit out all day in the Alley are not the cleanest things to be kissing.

Let me get back to the whole point of this post. Gavin is doing much better. The In-laws and my husband aren't happy now that they have signs of Gavin's illness but that's another story for another time.

AND I still haven't had any morning sickness, YAY! All in all things are good for our little family.

2 comments:

Tonya Staab said...

I'm so glad he's feeling better.

Too funny about his trash can obsession. Kids find the most 'randomist' things to treasure and talk about don't they ... yes that's a word, just for today :)

Michelle said...

I am so happy to hear he is getting better. Sounds like the new round of stuff is working. I'm sorry you both have had to deal with this for so long. I agree with Tonya. The trash can obsession is too cute. We hope to see you guys again soon!