Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Cinco de Mayo


Cinco de Mayo was a pretty hectic day for me. Gavin had his two year check up and Hep A shot. I had to rush around and get things ready for the party, go grocery shopping, drop off my FIL to get his Truck from the repair shop, and do all the normal household tasks. It must be because I'm pregnant and starting to feel sluggish lately, but I was totally exhausted by bed time last night. My entire body ached and even after a good night sleep (minus the 2x I had to get up to pee), I felt unrested this morning. I think my morning sickness has kicked in today. Besides being so tired I don't want to get out of bed, the thought of certain food and smells makes me quesy. I didn't get out and about until after 10am! Those of you who know how early I usually start the day would find that shockingly late.


I took Gavin to the park, but it was cold and deserted, so we left after about a half an hour. The only food that sounded good to me was pizza, so we drove to Little Ceasars and got some bread sticks and $5 pepperoni pizzas. I don't know what I did the rest of the day... dishes, vaccumed, watched sesame street... somehow the day has been ticking away. I wish I wasn't so darn tired and out of it.


Anyway, back to Cinco de Mayo. The party was a huge success. I loved meeting so many new moms and their children. The food was delicious, and the kids had a great time trying to hit the pinata that I had set up. Gavin's 2 year appointment went very well. The Doctor couldn't believe that he had grown so much since January (only 3 months ago). He had a huge growth spurt and grew 3 inches. He is now 37 1/2 inches tall, 31 lbs, and his head is in the 97% range too. The nurse said to double his height and that is about how tall he will be as an adult, so that means he should be around 6ft 3inches. My husband and father are also about that height, so it makes sense. I am almost done giving the antibiotics for Gavin's ear infection, YAY! He got a yeast rash on his butt as an unwanted side effect, but today his rash looked like it was on the mend too.


I guess today will be another laid back day at home. It's so cold and dreary I just don't have any urge to go outside. Gavin will just have to be content playing with his trains and play-doh indoors. After having so much to do the past few days it's odd to look at my calendar and see nothing written on it for the rest of the month. It's strange how I go from being busy and stressed out to having nothing to do. I think my goal this week will be to go to the Zoo or Sea World. I'm open to any other ideas? I would like to see the exhibit on Pompeii at the National History Museum, but I'm sure Gavin would want nothing to do with it. Hmmm.


Oh yes I also found out that I can find out the baby's sex in July. The earlist is 16 weeks which would be July 10th. I am already counting down the days to find out... I know in my gut it will be another boy, but it's still so much fun to get the 3D Ultrasound and see for sure the little body parts. I'll be sure and post it in a couple of months.

1 comment:

Tonya Staab said...

Thanks so much for organizing the party, we had so much fun. I'm just downloading the pics now to add a few to my blog.

Thanks also for the comment about Jasper, I found him when we arrived home from the party :(