
Well it has been a nice Father's Day weekend for our family. On Saturday I got my dad his favorite Mexican food and we had a nice lunch together. I gave him a picture of Gavin and myself with Big Bird at Sea world and some See's peanut brittle (yummy!). Jon's Father's Day weekend really started on Friday night. He worked the past 12 days prior to Friday so he really wanted to kick back and enjoy a good beer with some friends. I made it my top priority to order some specialty German beers from Bevmo, of course since Gavin had lost my Drivers license a few weeks before I had to use my passport as ID, but it worked out. Things are never as easy as you plan, the online order wasn't prepared so I had to chase Gavin around a liquor store for 20 minutes while an employee tried to find my order and get it ready for me. In the end it all worked out but it was such a pain in the butt, lol. My husband woke up around 5pm and was so happy when I pulled out about 5 different types of tasty beers for him to sample, I even wrote out the ratings and reviews that were said about each kind so he knew a little bit more about them. He LOVED them!
I probably should explain that I got him German beer because I had purchased an antique beer stein on Ebay for his Father's Day gift so I thought what better than to serve him beer from Germany in his German Beer stein. The beer stein was a huge hit and the fact that it was made in the early 1900s in Metlach Germany made it that much more special (I researched it). So having done all this Friday night he didn't expect anything else the rest of the weekend, but I decided to have some more fun with him. I gave him Saturday as his free day to dominate the TV and watch whatever he wanted all day. I know this sounds like what normal dads do everyday but not in our house where Gavin controls the TV with cartoons and Elmo 24-7. Jon spent the day watching Terminator, Robocop, Water World (don't ask me why), Spider Man 3.... and the list goes on. I brought home Mexican food for him and we both spent a few hours relaxing while Gavin was being baby-sat by his Grandpa and Great-Grandma.
Fast forward to Sunday (today) and we're actually on the real Father's Day day. I know it's just a commerically hyped holiday to make money and be cheesy, but what a prefect day to remind yourself of why you appreciate your dad and husband. I crawled out of bed before Gavin woke up, 6am, and started cooking pancakes and bacon for my FIL and husband. After Gavin woke up we spent breakfast upstairs with my Father In Law and gave him a cute picture card and some cuff links (what else do you get a FIL?)...hehe. Jon woke up a few hours later and I gave him a box of See's chocolates and his card. I'm bummed he has to go to work tonight so I know this day will be over sooner than I would like, but I think all in all the weekend went really well.
He seems to be in good spirits since he got to relax and do what he wanted this weekend, besides being forced to wear a #1 Dad t-shirt and hat (I love to brag). Tonight we are going to BBQ some steaks and have homemade potato salad with his parents. I couldn't have asked for a better husband.
I hope you all had a great Father's Day with the men in your lives~! They deserve one day to be pampered, right? The rest of the year I can continue my nagging about the dirty dishes and dirty laundry he left on the floor. :)

1 comment:
I'm glad he enjoyed the beer and stein! Especially after everything you went through for the beer! Bet you never thought you would be chasing your toddler through a liquor store. LOL
Post a Comment