Monday, September 1, 2008

Jim's Birthday




Last Tuesday night (I know I am way late at posting), we went out to celebrate my Father In Law's Birthday. I haven't been out, without Gavin, for a nice dinner in at least a year. It's been so long that I can't remember. Anyway Jon, his parents, his older brother Josh and his Fiance went too. Great-Grandma and Grandpa on my side of the family, came over and watched Gavin for the night. Thank goodness for relatives that don't mind baby-sitting. :) They took Gavin to Chick-fil -A for about an hour jumping in the bouncy jump and having a blast. Every Tuesday night Chick-fil-A has a free bouncy jump and a person dressed in a cow costume for kids. If you purchase an adult meal you get the children's meal free and they even have an art table inside with some activities for the older children. This is our second Tuesday going and I plan on making it a regular event. He can spend hours jumping and still not be worn out.


While he was have a merry old time, we went to a local restaurant called Saskas. It was quiet and dark, and smelled like yummy garlic bread. Mmm... just remembering the food makes my stomach growl. I ordered halibut and mashed potatoes, with a crab soup. Rarely do I get to enjoy good seafood since my husband HATES it. He and the other men all ordered large slabs of steak, while we ladies ordered fish and salads. My FIL also ordered calamari, oysters, and fried zucchini. By the time we were all done eating you had to practically roll us home. I snuck away and found the waitress to ask for a slice of mud pie to surprise him.


It was a great night. I only wish we could do it more often. Maybe I'll get lucky and get to go out for my Birthday this Friday.

No comments: