



Dalton was born at 5:25pm on December 18th. I can't believe that he is already over 2 wks old! The time has flown by! He was diagnosed with hypothyroidism a few days after getting home so we had to start him on medication and have already had a few appointments to get blood work and find out what is going on with his thyroid. It is a rare disease, if that's what you call it, but thank goodness there is medicine to manage it. Next week we go to the endocronologist and hopefully get some more insite as to his condition.
Gavin is a little jealous and has been acting up more often to get attention. I try my best but it is hard to keep him occupied when I am surviving on little sleep and not able to carry him yet. He really gets mad that I can't pick him up, but yet he sees me holding his brother often. In most ways having two children is easier than I thought. I expected things to be total chaos but so far my recovery and life in general has been much easier than it was after having Gavin. I guess I was just more prepared this time. The hardest part is finding time to cook or shop or do any housework. I feel like I'm being pulled in so many directions at once and trying to find time for my own sanity is hard.
Jon has been so awesome and helpful. He often will let me sleep for 4 hour blocks and will take Gavin out to give me a little breathing space. I attribute most of my sanity and things being easier to his support. My MIL has also done A LOT for me. She took Dalton to his Dr. appointment the first week and circum. appointment. She even watched Gavin on New Year's Eve so that Jon and I could have some quality time together. I couldn't do it without the support of my family. MANY THANKS!

1 comment:
He's so precious. Congratulations again.
You know, I live pretty close to you. If you ever need anything, please just let me know. I'd be more than happy to run out and pick up diapers, bring you a meal. Anything you need.
Post a Comment